Did you know?
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. – McKinsey
2. When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more. – DMA
Of course, these are just statistics, but my point is that email marketing is absolutely powerful. And as a marketer, I can say that email marketing is most certainly an area worth mastering.
HubSpot have recently introduced the Email Marketing Course and Certification, which represents a great summary and reminder of the importance of email marketing for B2B and B2C businesses.
This course is valuable because it’s designed to tackle all the important email marketing aspects in just under 4 hours of videos and downloadable transcripts. However, note that most exam questions are covered in the videos and you’ll not be able to find them in the summarised transcripts.
The Email Marketing course covers inbound methodology, audience segmentation, lifecycle marketing, deliverability, optimization, analytics, etc. In order to prepare for the exam, you’ll have access to these 9 on-demand classes.
- Email Marketing and Your Business
- Sending the Right Message with Lifecycle Marketing
- Contact Management and Segmentation
- The Components of a High-Performing Email
- Email Design and Functionality
- The Essentials of Email Deliverability
- Developing Relationships with Lead Nurturing
- Measuring Success with Email Analytics
- Email Optimization and Testing
The course is still adding value for someone who is already working in the field – it’s reviewing the most debatable topics such as email on mobile, usage of images in emails, deliverability and purchasing lists vs building your own database. Anyone interested in updating their knowledge of the email marketing best practices can easily follow this course; plus, you don’t even have to be a HubSpot customer in order to sign up, learn and take the exam. Good luck with your email marketing experiments and exam if you decide to go for it, and don’t forget…
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein
My advice with email marketing, as with any other digital marketing areas, is to share the knowledge – share it with your colleagues, with a friend interested to learn and join specialised groups where you can talk to your peers.
“By learning you will teach; by teaching you will understand.”
— Latin Proverb